Sunday, October 06, 2002

Wow, not filled this in for DAYS. Is that cos I've been having such an exciting life? No, just think I couldn't be bothered! Not much to report really. Back dancing again...Tues, Weds, Thurs, Saturday. Not bad. Friday was the USABDA meeting but it was too hot, too wet and my back hurt (well, that's my excuse anyway). Plus Sue was giving the lesson and I know last time she was...er...ok, crap!!! Apparently no better this time so didn't miss much. Although Bill turned up with the Dentist again. V. interesting........

Bought a new ballgown. Really wasn't going to. There's a competition next month, which I think I'm going to...not totally decided yet cos the prices have gone up but I really want to go.....and even if I don't I still "need" a new dress, don't I? Mmmmmm.........Well, I had decided that with some clever alterations (ie, rip the sleeves off) my lovely blue beaded one would work for next month. I took it in to be altered before I went to NJ in August cos it needed to be taken in all over and the skirt needed to be lifted up. Told them NOT to take too much in on the sleeves cos I need to lift my arms. Did they listen? Course not, and with a week to go there wasn't a lot a could do other than wear it a lot and hope it would loosen up. In the end it was OK but I don't want to wear it again as is. So I thought I would remove the sleeves and get them curved round.....hard to explain but looks quite good....at least it does with the pins I've stuck in it! But then I just had to go and have a look in Lord and Taylor, just to see.......I hate them! Well, actually I really like them - they have the most wonderful selection of evening wear every time I go, and it's so nice shopping there. Compare it with Kaufmanns which is just a total dump and I never find anything I like in there. Told the assistant today how much I enjoy shopping at L&T....made her day I think.

So, what did I buy? Arianna by Rachel Kaye, or so the label says. It's sleeveless, so I dont have any of those nasty shoulder pad issues! Strappy, more than sleeveless really, low cut but no danger of falling out!!! Pink bodice with black lace over it. Square neck. Laces up at the back...like a corset.....so that means I have room to expand/shrink (!!!!!). Long (too long, have to get it taken up) black skirt - nice sheen to it. Wot is it with skirt lengths? I'm not that short and with my high heels on (2.5"), I'm even less short. For some reason skirts on dresses are SOOOOOOO long. Is there anyone that can wear them? I'd kill myself in this! If I didn't rip it the first time I sat down, I'd certainly trip over the second I tried to dance!!! But that aside, I really like it. And, given it only cost $42 (reduced from $150+), I am even happier!!!! OK, so it's not quite the color I was after (deep purple) but given I'm not prepared to pay to have something specially designed/made for me, this was pretty good. Just hope it gets the Yelena seal of approval!!!!

And I also am now the proud owner of another little black dress. This one has sparkles all over it. And not the subtle kind, like my other dress...these are "in yer face" bright!!!! Short sleeves, scoop neck, the regulatory "above the knee" length. Stretchy material. Not sure about it really. Can always take it back if I find something better. Thought I might take it with next week and see if Yelena can find some shocking pink feathers or something to really brighten it up. She's convinced I should have got a first last time but wasn't bright enough so don't want her telling me off again.....

Well, that's my shopping news. Went Latin last night. Joevene and Lionel dance. Cute DJ! Not a bad turnout for their first Latin night. Worn out this morning. Guess dancing 3 hours of WC Swing and then the same in Latin is probably a bit of overkill. Rose and Colleen turned up. They are SO irritating I just don't enough words. They left early. Wooooohoooooo......Ok, bored now, was gonna follow a train of thought somewhere but think it went off without me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home