Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Strangely Happy

Why? Absolutely no idea. Been quite calm and chirpy (if you can be both) for the last couple of days. Could it be the weather? Maybe, too damn hot for me. Slept a lot. Probably means I'm not drinking enough although I feel if I took in any more liquid, I'd probably drown myself!!!!! So....absolutely no news about anything. Oh no, that's not true. Saw L'Auberge Espagnol (Euro Pudding). Very cute. Some very entertaining effects (no, not the fancy car chases, just some stuff that was very amusing). Got a few other very funny bits in there. Overall...nice. :-) And finished my book "The Map of Love" by Ahdaf Soueif. Love story (no, not like that...I am so NOT a Mills and Boon type of person) set in Egypt. Actually two stories intertwined. One of them was set in the 1990's and it was weird reading it. All of sudden they start talking about the bombing in 1997, I think it was. That was just before I went to Egypt (Cairo to see the Pyramids, cruised down the Nile, Luxor, Abu Simbel, Aswan...all totally amazing!) so reading about it from the Egyptian perspective was fascinating. The other story was set earlier and dealt with the conflict between the British ruling the country and the natives trying to get rid of them. Anyway, loved the whole book, didn't want it to end. But it did. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home