Thursday, February 05, 2004

This is gonna be a fun month!!!

My visa is all approved and wonderful so I can go to work....almost. But before that, back off to London for the weekend to see my parents....last time I saw them was summer 2000! Spending a couple of days there (depending on when I get the flights booked....try getting a flight from Buffalo to connect to a transatlantic flight without waiting in an airport for 14 hours...tougher than it sounds) and then heading back. They're going to a quiz evening with my sister and her hubbie Sunday night and they've said they'll take me with...so I can show them how stupid living this side of the Pond has made me!!!!! I really would like to fly via Toronto but I have to enter the US from a country other than Canada or Mexico so I'm pretty sure I can't do that...although I'm gonna check tomorrow cos that would make life easier.

Anyway, after that little trip's all done.....according to HR, I should start on a Monday because I need to be "oriented" first. So that would mean starting on the 16th...apart from the fact that it's Dead Presidents' Day and this is a Bank. So, possibly the 17th...although I'm trying to get my boss-to-be to "nudge" HR to let me start next week sometime....can you believe the HR woman needs approval to let me start on a day other than a Monday???? If it is the 17th then I'd have orientation, work for three days and then hop another flight back to England for the last week of February (some e-marketing boot camp thingy being held in a place not far from where I used to live). And in the middle of all this is my grandmother's birthday (partly why I'm going back as I'll almost be there for fact and that should, hopefully, stop the comments about me going to see her before she dies....)....and Valentine's Day!!!! Just been out to buy a card for a certain person...... ;-)

I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Thanks to GB: My temperament type is Hedonist.

Hedonists want to be free, not tied down, confined, or obligated, to do as they wish when they wish, to enjoy today, to be impulsive, to have a life of action which repudiates long term goals, objectives, or plans, to be active just to be active, to do what they feel the urge to do, to experience excitement, to be seen by others as being free to act, as free spirits, to be exciting, optimistic, cheerful, light-hearted, and full of fun

That sort of sounds alright apart from it also says "the basic motive of the Hedonist is the desire for popularity".....err...no...that's not me at all! I'm much more of an Idealist and that's usually how I turn out in these things....maybe I clicked the wrong answer somewhere????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home