Monday, June 10, 2002

So, here I am...all dressed up in my best suit...in 80 degrees and wot happens? I get all the way to the interview and they tell me that the President is in bed with a bad back and there's noone else to see me. OK, so they were pretty apologetic and it wasnt that long a drive but still....could have offered me a drink before kicking me out again!!!!!! :-(

Had a long chat with Joe yesterday about stuff. If we haven't got this sorted out now, I really will give up! But he did apologise.....without prompting....that must be a first!!!! Admits that he behaves like a kid when TOW's around......yep, he does indeed....a spoilt little kid. Hee, heee. Told him he's too old for me (which he is) and that I'm going to add him to my list of adopted uncles! Very demanding job and there's an initiation ceremony (ha ha....he has no idea!). Wonder if he can cope with it? We went down to the Dock last night. The band was alright...some good stuff but too much country, which I've never been able to understand. Who wants to listen to a song about waking up in the morning and looking for your shoes (oh yeah...those were the lyrics!!!). Completely ruined Moondance as well (one of my all-time faves). But it was nice to be out in the sun, had cooled down a bit by then and my back had sorted itself out following too much abuse in the morning. Jackie was there....she's one of those people that I sometimes talk to but never really spent any time with her. Think she fits into the undecided category of people - seems OK but really not sure if I could ever actually like her. Funnily enough, Joe said the same thing.....and I thought it was just me that hated everyone!!!!! She disappeared early, which was good...too much of a good thing. Got home far too late, considering I was meant to be up early for an interview...but given it was cancelled, guess it really didnt matter.....and I'm back to happy state again...... :-)

Just been for a dance lesson...at Fred Astaire. He's so nice...remembers things, actually teaches stuff and can explain it...doesn't just expect me to work out what I'm meant to be doing!!! Fabulous. Came home full of the joys of dancing again. Was outside eating but had to come in cos I've started sneezing and I just can't stop. My eye (left) has swollen up and is streaming and I've been sneezing, almost constantly for about 30 minutes. I can't work out what this is from.....last time I was like this, I'd been sitting outside in the rain so it was sort of expected. Today...no rain, not that cold, so what is it? Never get hayfever...or maybe now I do? Ratman has a lot to answer for is all I can say........took some Benadryl, which will go nicely with red wine causing me to crash in about 5 minutes.....and, now I'm inside, I've stopped sneezing........hmmmmm.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home