Thursday, October 02, 2003

More on the job saga....

Went downtown for a meeting with the President. Journey from hell...as soon as I hit the 33, the heavens opened...could hardly see cos of those damn SUV drivers that insist on cutting in front of me and covering me in spray....sometimes having a small car sucks!!! Anyway, got down there and the sun was shining...what was that all about???? President told me I was charming...yeah, well guess he doesn't know me very well! LOL We had an interesting chat...he told me his son works there..."35 years old and been married to the same woman for 10 years, just as well otherwise I'd kill him"....I laughed politely and decided not to mention the fact that I was his son's age and...err.....hmmm.....didn't quite make 10 years....

Still undecided...especially cos I got home and there was a message for me from a guy about another job......

Anyway, going back in to see them on Tuesday. I would have to get certified (about 6 weeks) and then they could give me a contract and pay me. That means I'd be right at the end of the unemployment (oh yeah, where the hell's my check? Freaking out over here...rent's due and no money!!!!!!) when they start paying (although I hear I can get another 13 weeks)......I know if it was right for me I'd be jumping at it...and I'm not, soooooooooo.......??????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home