Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Relapse!!!

You knew it had to happen...back's been too well-behaved recently.....I feel like I did a month ago....in pain..... :-(

Sitting here wrapped up in my PJs and fluffy slippers...all moisturised and ready for bed!!!!

Been having the odd leg cramp over the last few weeks....chiro said it could be from the back, depending on when I'm getting them...but I've been eating bananas and drinking ginger ale (I think ginger's meant to help but couldn't remember when I was out shopping...good excuse anyway!) to help get rid of them (in case it was potassium deficiency or dehydration). Seemed to work on the calf muscles (side story...I remember being told in the middle of the dance class how I say "calves" in such a lovely way....hmmm...back to the story....) but I've been getting toe cramps for the last few days. Particularly in some of the really simple yoga stretches like a "low lunge" (start from a position on your hands and knees, hands directly under the shoulder, bring your right foot forward between your hands and then turn the left foot to the floor, stretch the inner thighs away from each other)....as soon as I turn the left foot to the floor, my entire foot cramps up like you wouldn't believe. Happened last night in the middle of class (also happened Monday night, different class, same pose)....nearly screamed, I couldn't get the toes straight for several moments (felt like hours). When I did straighten them, they felt like I'd hit them against a chair (which I've not done since the "I think I've broken my toe incident"!). Could hardly walk from the pain. And then the other side of the foot decided to join in and loose feeling.....that was a fun drive home!!!!!!!

So, off to the chiro this morning. My back was hurting like it did weeks ago. My toes were still sore. Told him the story...he just nods and says "yeah, that'll be from the back"...and other encouraging things like "on average it takes about six months to recover fully" (it's only been just over two since the accident), and "given all that other stuff you have going on [transitional wotsits], it's not surprising". No, maybe not but I'm in pain. Was nearly in tears from it all...lying on my stomach SUCKS!!!!!!! Think he must have felt sorry for me cos after we'd done the moist heat and he'd cracked me...we did it all over again!!!! Hobbled out of there feeling a bit better....I think....not totally sure about that.

Did some yoga this evening...which basically means I lay on my back on the floor and wiggled my legs around!!!!! LOL Floor good! :-) Plugged myself back into the TENS unit....mmmmmmm. Feel a bit better now....toes are still sore but feel as if normality is slowly being restored. Think I might go to bed soon....just gotta finish watching the Match (Man U vs Arsenal)...don't tell me the score...I know it's not live (would be about 2am over there).....0-0 last time I looked...

So that was the last 24 hours in my life....great, huh? Got an interview tomorrow morning with some company downtown.....financial company....no idea what it's about, only called me this afternoon....at least, from looking at their web-site, I know it's NOT selling insurance...seems to be portfolio management aimed at business owners and the like....could be interesting...who knows......

Side note: my memory's getting worse...is this a sign of aging? Totally forgot something this morning (but can't remember what it was that I forgot) and tonight I wanted to watch something on TV but spent half an hour flicking through the channels trying to remember what it was...gave up...

Note to self: gotta cut my finger nails....getting far too long....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home