Saturday, December 25, 2004

Who Ordered the White Christmas?

Pretty if you're sitting at home watching it. Crap if you have to drive back from downtown in it. Took nearly an hour yesterday afternoon. I was on the phone and all of a sudden we had a total whiteout.....so we decided to close the office (boss was off and what he doesn't know won't hurt him). Glad I left when I did as it didn't appear to clear up until well after dark.

Expressway had two lanes, of sorts, but it was so white there were places where it was hard to see what was road and what wasn't. I made it so I guess that's all that matters. I'm still bemused by the truck drivers that think it's good to go at 60 when the rest of us are trying hard to get above 30. If they want to kill themselves, fine, just don't do it in front of me!

I have a joke at the moment about snow ploughs. It appears that, when it snows, a trio of ploughs can be found travelling on the other side of the road to me. I was telling someone at work about this yesterday. I got on the 33 to come home and what did I see....three snow ploughs on the other side. Dammit!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home