Thursday, September 11, 2003

I Hate Verizon

I'm trying to use their web-site to sign up for their e-Values package - long distance with no monthly fee. I don't make that many long distance calls....why should I when IM works so well and it's free? Looked at my last phone bill....had one call (to Rob, of course!!!) which cost me $10.63 for 4 minutes (all of which was fees....no actual call charge). Much as I love him, I really don't think he's worth that much!!!!

But I can't sign up :-(

First the "Login" page gives me a crappy image that tells me "Please Wait" but goes nowhere....and it is just an image....not a real progress bar! So then I tried some circuitous route into the right screen. Get into my account (side note: without actually entering my details so clearly they've stored them somewhere, which means there might be some intelligence attached to the site????) and it tells me that Verizon "doesn't offer long distance services in my state". Really? Well, how come I have long distance from you....as is clearly evidence by my phone bill and the fact that you show me ON-SCREEN that I'm signed up for long distance.

Gave up with that attempt and thought I'd check out the other fees I'm paying (local/international). Seem to be on the right plans there but, again irritating me like mad, they keep trying to recommend I sign up for their Freedom package...at about $59 a month. Please explain to me WHY that is of ANY interest to me when my total bill NEVER comes to that much????? It doesn't make sense so stop trying to add it to my order!!!!!!!! I make local calls (unlimited, no call charge) and International calls (once a week maybe although lately I'm letting my parents call me...especially as they seem more interested in talking to me than the reverse...but even there, my mother has got into the habit of e-mailing me so we don't even have to talk that much!)....totalling about $3 a month on my current plan. And I want to increase what I pay you....why????????

I am confused and tired of this. I've just e-mailed them in desparation asking how I'm meant to sign up for an Internet-only offer when the damn site won't let me. And while I was there I pointed out that a a login screen that doesn't login is no use to anyone nor is a web-site that causes the scroll bars to disappear...although, to give them some credit, it's only on the pages that have LOTS of text and where you need to scroll (!).

Ssssssssss......maybe this is a hint that I should actually pay my phone bill rather than just reading it? Hmmmm...maybe.......

Entertainment for Today

Check this out..."stolen" from Noah E Glass The guy from San Fancisco had me in stitches!

And from my sister:

I am passing this on to you because it has definitely worked for me. By following the simple advice I read in an article, I have finally found inner peace........the article read:

"The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you've started."

So I looked around the house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished....and before coming to work this morning I have finished off a bottle of Bacardi, a bottle of red wine, a bottle of Jim Beam, my Prozac, some valium, a small box of chocolates and 2 litres of Fosters Lager, a 1/2 can of cider, a large reefer and some cheese. You have no idea how f*cking good I feel....

Not original but gave me a smile :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home