Thursday, September 18, 2003

New Toy!!!

Went to the chiro this morning and got my TENS unit (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator). A little battery-operated unit that connects to four electrodes. The electrodes are "sticky" pads (they stick but aren't covered in goo) that I place on my back and neck. Plug the leads into the unit and turn it on. Pulses then go along the leads into the pads and massage my muscles. Very cool. Meant to use it twice daily for 30 mins a time. Sitting here with it on at the moment. Nice. Been playing around with it cos I have the choice of continuous pulsing, bursts of pulses or, my favourite, a wave effect that gets stronger and then weakens and then strengthens again. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Apparently I'm not meant to use this in the bath or drop it....no...really? This is like having my very own chiropractor without the nasty cracking!!!! I like it :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home