Monday, April 18, 2005

Bad Weekend

To get straight to the point, my cousin (to be more accurate, I think he's a second cousin) had a heart attack on Friday. Didn't make it. Only four years older than me and leaves behind wife and three children. Had diabetes for a while and wasn't looking after himself properly. Probably a lesson in there somewhere and definitely puts things into perspective.

Did mean I didn't get a chance to discuss my "news" with my parents....something I thought would be better face-to-face but now will probably have to be done via email/phone. Instead had to smile sweetly when people kept quizzing me on how things are. Par for the course.

Also takes "it never rains but it pours" into monsoon season...not sure how much more I can deal with before imploding....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home