Saturday, July 09, 2005

07/07


I heard the news on the radio just after my morning shower. At first it didn't really reach my brain...especially when they just went back to playing music. Must have misheard. Then they repeated it. Tried to phone my mother. Think it was a combination of the phone networks being jammed and my hands shaking but it took me ages to get through. She was still at home, my father was OK albeit stranded in the middle of London and my sister had a study day. All accounted for and OK!

Went into work and couldn't believe the total lack of interest and concern shown by people. One person asked me about family/friends. Rob called me on his way into work to make sure things were OK....love him.

Anyway, lasted until about 2pm and then decided that I had to get out of there before I screamed at someone or burst into tears. So I left. Don't think anyone really noticed or cared. Cried all the way home.

The image of the bus will remain my memory for a long, long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home